Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Beware The Wicked Witch by Mandy C


 

 

 

This week I’ve made a postcard using the Oxford Impressions set of stamps called ‘Wicked’. I like to make postcards, ATC’s and 4x4’s as they work brilliantly on their own or as a card topper.

 

So, firstly you need to cut a postcard sizes piece of white card out ~ size is 6 x 4 inches.

Spray with some nice orange shades of mists. I’ve used Glimmer Mist ~ Candy Corn and Cosmic Shimmer in Mango Blush and Golden Fish. Leave to dry.

Meanwhile, stamp some images from the OI set ~ the witch, the moon, the owl, the number 13 and the words, Beware/Wicked/Witch onto some white stamping card with Black Archival ink. Heat set the images. Cut out and colour with watercolour pencils 

Now onto making the background for your postcard. Stamp the Tim Holtz Seasonal Background onto the card, I used black Archival but it was too prominent for the background ~ I would recommend using a lighter shade ~ perhaps StazOn Stone Grey.

Because I’d used the black and it was very dark, I knocked back the colour with some Distress paints in Bundled Sage. I also added some hints of Crushed Olive and Ripe Persimmon. Blast with a heat tool.

Take a circular mask I’ve used one similar to the Mayan Calendar, and Distress paint in Pumice Stone ~ use it in the right hand corner.

Using the OI set, with StazOn Timber Brown ~ stamp directly onto the background with the eyes and the hand.

Along the bottom of the postcard, use black Archival and stamp the fence. I’ve added a bit of old book page to the left hand bottom corner.  Add half a spider to the right hand top corner.

Position your images onto the card and once you are happy, use Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue to fix into place. I have used 3d foam pads for the ‘Wicked Witch’ words.

Edge around your images using Pan Pastel Chromium Oxide Green.

Edge with Night Sky Chalk Ink. I’ve also added some more orange highlights using a watercolour pencil around the edge.

Finally using the Crackle Accents, accent the letters, owls eyes, spider and the number 13. Leave to dry.



Mandy C

1 comment:

  1. Klasse Karte! Super gemacht mit diesen schönen Stempeln... :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...