Monday, 9 September 2013

Poppy Tags by Deborah


 
 
 
 

 

I love poppy seed heads even more than the petals, so this Crafters Workshop stencil was a must.
 

Be True
 
 
 

I actually die cut the tag from a sheet of scrap paper that I had previously used to catch the spray and the stamp off the excess ink, when using Dylusions ink sprays through stencils. You can just as easily glue the scrap paper to a #8 tag and cut it to fit.

I used an ink blending tool to stencil the silhouette of the poppies with Festive Berries ink onto the tag then stencilled again using the outline poppies - this time using Black Soot. I added some subtle shading with red and black Portfolio Pastels, blended with my finger and black pencil to add definition to the outlines where necessary.

I added a little Mustard Seed to the background to balance a patch of yellow that was already there. Then I stamped the distressed border and dots from the Bo Bunny set in Festive Berries. Once I had blended Broken China, Black Soot and Mustard Seed round the edge of the tag, I sprayed some crinkle ribbon with Dylusions ink, crushed it my hand (inside some paper towel) and dried it with a heat gun.
 

Trust in Nature
 
 
 

Using an old store card, I spread a layer of texture paste roughly over the tag and sprayed with Dylusions spray inks while it was still wet. Once it had dried naturally in the sun, I mixed a little black acrylic paint into some texture paste and stencilled through the outline poppies and also round the edges of the tag in a random fashion. When that was dry, I coloured the poppy heads with Portfolio Pastels and stamped the chicken wire from the Bo Bunny set in archival ink.

To finish, I threaded black raffia through the hole and, because I didn’t have a suitable sentiment stamp, printed out the words, coloured them with Rusty Hinge and edged them with black ProMarker.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. loving the colours and the stencil designs on these 2 fab tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like poppy heads myself.
    They are glorious tags and you have displayed how the same stencil can proved quite different results.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of them are scrumptious - love the complete contrast!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning Debs and the most gorgeous colours too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. brilliant use of the stencils. love them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tags, I adore poppies too but I'm more a flower girl myself! I love these stencils & what you've done with them - sometimes our 'waste' paper does end up looking more exciting than our projects and you've put this paper to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both look so good - love how you've used the stencil.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...