Monday, 16 September 2013

Mad as a Teapot - A Card by Deborah


 

 


 

When I get a new stencil I always like to play around with it to see how many different looks I can get from it. For the mini dots and dashes stencil I decided to skip the gelli printing and go back to spray inks – not only spraying through it but stamping off the residue of ink for a totally different look. I now have a nice pile of background papers in various colours and states of grunginess.

For this card I picked a sheet of card where I’d simply sprayed through the stencil from a distance (18” approx) then rolled over the inked image with a paper towel to blot, dry and lighten the colour. I’m not sure how the blobs of Lettuce got in amongst the faded, barely there blue but I decided to work with the mistake and add green elsewhere on the card.

I stamped the main image on a separate piece of white card in Espresso ink and coloured it in with a mix of pencils and pastels (the smoke is coloured with a Picket Fence Distress Marker). Then I dusted the bare card with Crushed Olive, added some green water soluble pastel in the corners and over- stamped Santos Angel elements in various Distress inks. I ran Pine Needles around the edge for definition.

I returned to the stencilled background and dusted ink and over-stamped onto that too.

Once I had stuck the two pieces together I decided to add the tea cup and thé in coffee archival ink. But I felt it needed an embellishment of some sort so i stamped some clock faces and dials on inky scraps of paper and added some Tim Holtz cogs and game spinners.
Finally, I mounted it onto grey card ready to attach to a card blank (I need to dig out some A3 card to make one).
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. love your use of stencils and stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just fantastic, Deborah, a great complex picture. Your description of how you made it made me want to dash out and find a good craft/stamping shop immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card - I love the Santos angel elements in the background - just been to check out the set, very tempting! The central image is fabulous too, and I love the subtle green palette.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How gorgeous this is - love the use of the CC stamps.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally fab!
    nagaonkarshilpa.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...