Sunday, 15 September 2013

Last Days of Summer by Lynne Moncrieff


 
 
 
 
The days are becoming shorter and there is a nip in the air but I was keen to play with the Boardwalk set from Artistic Outpost which arrived last month. 

 

Supplies

EcoGreen Crafts Paints:- Copper and Aged Gold
USArt Quest Mica Flakes:– Mother of Pearl (or substitute with glass glitter, or mica flakes etc)
Distress Inks:- Vintage Photo and Bundled Sage
Extras:- Sequin waste (this can be substituted with a stencil or rubber stamp), glass pebble, burlap and stained lace fragments, driftwood (thank you to Dorthe who kindly supplies me with driftwood)

*From my stash I used gauze and cardstock sprayed some time ago with homemade spray ink.

 

Instructions
 

Firstly I applied Gesso to canvas followed with EcoGreen Craft Acrylics applied in a random fashion. I then sprayed some homemade spray ink here and there, before removing some of the paint and ink with a baby wipe and then heat setting.
 

Selecting the stamps from Boardwalk, I inked up with VersaFine and stamped onto cardstock*.  All edges were sponged with Distress Ink.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 Planning the composition, I then adhered Bathing Beauties onto burlap fragment and all other stamped elements were adhered to the canvas (I used Gel Medium), layering with the stained gauze* and a fragment of stained lace.
 
 
 
 
 

For shimmer, I scattered USArt Quest Mother of Pearl Mica Flakes and embellished with a glass pebble and driftwood.

 
 

 

Until next week.

Wishes
 

 
Lynne

11 comments:

  1. Just breathtaking Lynne! I'm not ready to say goodbye to summer yet! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lyyne. I love the contrasts on this piece. The mica flakes are an inspired touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab make Lynne. Great main image but its your attention to the little details that I love. TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful Lynne! Great composition of the stamped images against that beautiful background, love the driftwood at the top and bottom too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bathing beauties look gorgeous! Love all the details and the touches of Mica really give that ocean feel! Beautifully put together! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous way to end the summer - this is sumptuous, love the bathing beauties and how you have surrounded them with such softness - really beautiful work Lynne. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful creation Lynne - this is wonderful - especially love the little mica flakes - just the right amount! You have terrific design skills. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer sweet--the driftwood is just perfect for this!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Magnificent, Lynne... such perfect embellishing with a touch of the sparkle of the sea - I love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How Beautiful! I love the image- love the mica and the shimmer and color it is giving off. Love the wood on the top & bottom and the sea of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My oh My!!! This Looks like a WINNER to me!
    Beautiful Work Lynne.
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...