Monday, 23 September 2013

Autumn Bird - A Card by Deborah


 

 
 


This card was born out of one that went wrong. I stamped the bird badly onto a Ranger Kraft tag but decided to colour it in anyway. However, I could see it wasn’t going to work, even though colouring onto kraft gives you a dark, grungy look. So I cut out the bird and rooted around in my stash of gelli printed and painted papers for a background.


I found a print I’d made with the Mini Patterned Leaves stencil, Now it was some weeks ago but it looks like I pulled a print with the stencil still in place and then sprayed with Dylusions ink (I used Granite from before the range was rebranded but am guessing Black Marble is close).  

 
I cut the moon/sun from the scrap paper I had cleaned my brayer on. I’ve been using up supplies and this was semi glossy inkjet photo paper I’ve had for at least 10 years, maybe longer. I also stamped the sentiment onto it and tore round it.
 

Once I had assembled the card, I stamped the stitches around the edge stamped flowers from the Patchwork set on a scrap of kraft tag, colouring and cutting them out as before.


Deborah 

5 comments:

  1. love the autumnal feel to this card. I've used the same bird images for my piece! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the story of how the card came to be - it's very well put together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You brought such atmosphere to this card, it is wonderful and I love the faux stitches.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a stunning result from a shaky start... that glowing circle of autumn sun is so fierily brilliant against the dark forest background. I absolutely love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...