Saturday, 31 August 2013

Time for Tea? by Julie Dandy


 
We would just like to say a massive thanks to Julie for all her hard work and
fantastic projects in her stint as our August Guest Designer.

Thanks Julie, all your projects were absolutely fab. :-)
 





Hi everyone, this is my last piece for you as August's guest design team member, so I went all out with the Tando Village in a Box and The Octopode Factory Alice stamps.
 

What I used:
Patterned Papers - I used Basic Grey Nook and Pantry 600 x 600 paper pad
Buttons and Bakers Twine
A charity shop metal candlestick painted with Vintaj Patinas
 

 

Here's how to:

I started by stamping the images on to watercolour paper then colouring with a combo of the Distress Markers and Distress Ink picked up with my water brush, then cut out.

Paint the picket fence white.

Cover the Tando shaped sides of the box by sticking down on to the paper and cutting around them when dry.

I repeated that with the little houses using contrasting papers.

When everything is dry, stick the sides together, this can be quite tricky so take your time.

I picked up more of the Distress Ink with my waterbrush and used it to age the inner corners and edges. 

Glue the stamped images to the houses and around the inside of the box, then glue in to position inside the box.

Add in some buttons and the teeny stamped images and the flower images.



 
 

I decided to make the lid into a base for my box, to make it more like a cake stand effect on my candlestick.

Paint it with the Distress Paint and glue together,

Cut out little triangles from the patterned paper, punch and thread on to a piece of bakers twine.




 

Drape these around the side of the box sticking in place at the corners.

I made a mist from Distress Re-inker in Frayed Burlap to take the clean-ness away from the piece.

When everything was dry, I glued the box to the top of the lid, added my little sign, then glued the whole thing on to the top of my candlestick.



 
 

Lastly another HUGE thank you to Laura for asking me to be a guest designer for That's Crafty and a HUGE thank you to you all for making me feel so welcome and leaving lovely comments on my posts :D 

hugs'n'snogs,
 

Julie xx

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! And a great use of Octopode stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, it's lovely Julie. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really fabulous idea Julie and the little scene looks gorgeous.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...