Thursday, 29 August 2013

The Raven Tag by Carol Fox



 
 
 

Hi, this week I have made a Halloween themed tag.

 

This is what I did 


·       I painted my tag with a navy blue paint, I then applied crackle medium to it and when this was dry, I used Nougat over the top for the crackle finish.

·       I stamped my image in black Archival ink, masking the area at the top above the ravens hat, I filled in this gap with some text and a swirly stamp.

·       I stamped the words from the top onto a separate piece of paper and cut this out, I inked it with Chipped Sapphire Distress paint and stuck it in position.

·       I added a piece of vintage text to the bottom and added a piece of washi tape too.

·       I coloured the raven with Distress markers, picking up the colour from my craft mat with a water colour pen, so the colours were faded.

·       I inked the tag with Old Paper Distress ink.

·       I used black paint on the edges and then ran stitching round it with my sewing machine. I added a piece of tape to the top.

 

I used


Tim Holtz Stamp Set - Sketch Elements
Distress Inks: Old Paper, Chipped Sapphire
Distress Markers: Walnut Stain, Seedless Preserves
Fresco Finish Paints: Nougat,  Baltic Blue, Little Black Dress, Crackle Medium

 
Thank you for your visit today,
 
Carol x

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Carol and the raven background looks fabulous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...