Monday, 26 August 2013

Santos Angel - A Card by Deborah


 

 

Distress Ink: Forest Moss, Festive Berries
Wendy Vecchi Archival Ink: Red Geranium
Adirondack Dye Ink: Butterscotch, Lettuce
Ink duster or Cut n Dry Foam or Speedball Brayer
Glue Stick
Die Cut Lace Border
 


If you follow my blog you’ll know I’m trying to cut my craft buying – and my credit card bill! But I could not resist the new Santos Angel set. I love the santos doll so much I stamped her twice :-)

 
I stamped her and her crown on a scrap of white card, first in Red Geranium, then in Forest Moss. I stamped the wings, swirls and lettering only in Forest Moss. Then I set about grunging her up using the scratches stamp from Bitty Grunge in Butterscotch. I also used the Butterscotch with an ink duster (alternatively use a brayer or Cut n Dry Foam) to colour the card very lightly. I scraped both the Butterscotch and Forest Moss pads directly round the edges of the topper.
 

I used the same techniques for the background, stamping the Latin phrase in Forest Moss.


Finally I added two strips of ‘lace’ (A Tim Holtz/Sizzix die) from my stash, (painted with Interference Red acrylic paint and a little gilding wax), that happened to match.



Deborah

7 comments:

  1. loving the mix of colours and the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Debs. Amazing inky background and love those colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful medieval look - like some extraordinary gilded illuminated manuscript. Just wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely combination of colours, very rich looking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love her. Fab grungy style and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! So unusual and striking,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...