Thursday, 1 August 2013

Deep Water Journal Page by Carol Fox




 
 

I have a journal page to share with you today, Using Octopode images and lots of inky and paint.

 

This is what I did.

 

·       My book is A4 sized. I used a double page for this layout and I started by totally saturating one half of the double page with Dylusion Ink Spays in three different colours: Vibrant Turquoise, Calypso Teal and London Blue. I then shut my book to colour the facing page too.
 

·       When this was dry, I spritzed it lightly with White Linen that I left to pool and dry naturally on the page.
 

·       Using a couple of stencils and a selection of gesso and paints, I added interest to the background.
 

·       Using black Archival ink, I stamped imaged from the Dylusions stamp sets directly onto the page. I coloured the squiggly arms with Bubblegum Pink ink and as you can see, this goes a lovely purple colour when used over a blue ink and where it hits the spots with the gesso on the page, it goes a different shade. This is an easy way to add extra variation to your page.




 
 
 
·       Using a stencil I edged the page with black paint and also dragged some of this around the edges using Cut and Dry Foam.
 

·       I stamped my four images onto vintage book paper, stuck these to the page and coloured them using Dylusions inks. Using black writing ink and a pen, I  added tentacles to the mushrooms to make them look like jellyfish.
 
 

 
 

·       I stamped my words and the repainted them with black ink to make them very dense before highlighting them with Glossy Accents.
 
 

 

 

I used 


Dylusions Rubber Stamps: Write between the Lines and Doodle Parts
Stencils: Diamond of a Border and Mini Flowers
 

Thank you for your visit today,
 
 
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. So clever to make the toadstools into jellyfish. A fab journal page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pages - the background is yummy, and your jellyfish mushrooms are inspired!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous Carol. Such lovely colours and composition and I agree about the toadstool jellyfish (fabulous!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...