Thursday, 15 August 2013

Boardwalk Tin by Carol Fox


 
 
 

 

I was really please when I saw that Artistic Outpost rubber stamps were now in stock. I have been a fan of these for ages and it is lovely that they are now available to buy in the UK again.

I have used the Boardwalk stamp set this week to decorate a little tin.

 

 

 

This is what I did


 
·       I gave the whole tin a coat of gesso (inside and outside), and then sponged Fresco Honeydew paint over it.


·       Using black Archival ink I stamped my image directly onto the lid and the quote around the sides of it. I did not use an acrylic block with my stamps because the shape of tin would have made it hard to get a good image if I had, so I just rolled the stamps onto the surfaces and this worked quite well.
 

·       Then using a piece of cut and dry, I sponged Mermaid Fresco paint around the image and sides of the tin.
 

·       I cut two pieces of paper to fit inside the tin. Stamped my images using Archival ink (masking a necessary) and then coloured them in, finishing them off when dry by using the cream paint and gently sponging it around the edges so they would be blended when I stuck them to the inside.
 

·       I stuck them in place using Mod Podge.
 

·       I stamped my words for the tin lid onto a piece of scrap and then sponged the Mermaid paint over it before gluing in place using Mod Podge.

 

A nice quick and easy little project, and if you are starting to think about Christmas these make great little stocking fillers ,as the tins are always handy to keep little bits and pieces in.

 

I used 


Small Tin
Favourite pens or pencils to colour in with


Carol

3 comments:

  1. Fab upcycled tin. The boardwalk stamps look so good on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fab make, love those stamps and this is great! x hugs xtrace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the stamps - they look so cool and vintage!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...