Thursday, 4 July 2013

Time Traveller Box by Carol Fox




 

 
I found this little paper mache box in my stash the other day and I have altered it using Fresco Finish Paints and rubber stamping. This is what I did.

 

·       Using a paint brush, give the box lid and bottom a coat of Toad Hall Fresco Paint, this will dry very quickly as the paper mache just seems to suck in the paint.

·       Use a piece of Cut and Dry Foam to sponge a light coat of Old Gold over the Toad Hall, this gives a nice patina finish to the box which I hope you can see better in the photo below.


 

 

·       Using the cog element from the stamp set and black Archival ink, I stamped over the base and lid. To get the image into the recessed area, I stamped the image onto cosmetic tissue paper and stuck it down with Matt Multi Medium.

·       I stamped my main image onto white stamping paper and coloured this with my Graphite water colour pencils, I then gently inked it with Vintage Photo Distress ink to age it a bit more.

·       I edged my box with Little Black Dress Fresco paint, using the paint on a piece of Cut and Dry Foam.

·       I stuck my image into the lid recess, added a length of film strip with DST. Finishing it off with a few cogs and a game spinner, adding a word band to the bottom.
 

 


 

I used 


Small Box (personal stash)
Fresco Finish Paint: Toad Hall, Old Gold, Little Black Dress
 
Carol x

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...