Thursday, 25 July 2013

Skullduggary Tag by Carol Fox



 
 
 
 
I have used a couple of stencils and a bit of paint on a tag this week, I hope you like it.

 

·       I started with a large sized No.8 tag. I applied Grunge Paste through the mini Flower Shower stencil down the left hand side of the tag. When this was dry, I laid the Skullduggary mask onto the right hand side and applied the Grunge Paste through the smaller of the two skull shapes.
 

·       When this was dry, I painted it all with the Little Black Dress Paint, heat dried, applied a coat of crackle and then used Honeydew over this.
 

·       I re-laid my skull mask over the raised area and using the black paint with Cut and Dry Foam, I applied paint to the raised area.


·       I now applied gilding wax to the tag to highlight the Grunge Pasted areas, I also gave the edges of the tag a quick run round with the black paint left on the cut and dry foam.


·       I stamped the poison bottles directly onto the tag and coloured these in with Fresco Paints.
 

·       I finished by stamping my word, highlighting it with Glossy Accents, and adding a piece of ribbon.

 

I used 


Fresco Finish Paints: Little Black Dress, Honeydew, Toad Hall, Eggplant
Gilding Wax: Amethyst, Cast Bronze
Ribbon Scrap
 

Carol x

4 comments:

  1. Very cool tag and use of techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great tag , love the stencil and great background! hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, Carol! I love all the effects you have achieved and those bottles look great,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding... the skull and the crackle are fabulous, and the bottles work brilliantly.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...