Monday, 29 July 2013

Sing Your Song Loud - A Tag by Deborah




 

Hero Arts Poly Clear Stamp Set: Journal Letters
Crafty Individuals: Alice Palace Designs - British Bulldog (for the words)
Kaisercraft Numbers
Distress Ink: Barn Door, Black Soot
Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool
Jet Black Archival Ink
ProMarkers: Black, Bright Orange, Sunflower, Berry Red
Ranger Inkssentials Tag #8
Gelli Plate
Speedball Brayer
Distress Paints: Mustard Seed, Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade
Distress Stains: Mustard Seed, Barn Door
Sheet of inkjet address labels
StencilGirl – Song Birds
Glue Stick
Button and bamboo thread from my stash
Gel Medium eg Maimeri, for attaching button
 

I’ve been experimenting with printing onto inkjet labels using my Gelli Plate then reassembling the labels on a substrate – in this case a tag – cutting the labels to fit where necessary.

Here I used a palette of red, orange and yellow paint. I cannot remember what stencil I printed with but for a similar effect to this background choose one that leaves some white space on your labels. Once I had adhered my labels, I splatted a couple of Distress Stains where there was too much white. Then I stamped the numbers and words, un-mounted, in black Archival ink and Barn Door Distress Ink.

Using a blending tool, I inked through one of the stencilled songbirds with Black Soot and edged both the bird and the tag with a black ProMarker, making the lines deliberately wonky.

The journal letters were stamped on lightweight white card in Archival Ink, coloured in with ProMarkers and cut out. I made sure my ink was dry before colouring, and even then I coloured carefully so as not to smudge. I glued them on with a glue stick, which you may also need to make sure the labels stay stuck down properly – the gelli printing process (or maybe the weight of the paint) makes the label sheet buckle and lifts some of the labels.

I threaded bamboo thread through a large button and glued the button to the tag with Golden Heavy Gel – I think the Maimeri gel would be a good substitute.


Deborah

7 comments:

  1. The HA lettering looks great here - fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific tag, great colours and love the lettering, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag... love the backgrounds you make Deb. It's even featured on FB by Gelli prints! wtg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bold and beautiful - what a fabulous sentiment too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Debs. Such lovely bright colours and a fabulous sentiment.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tag - the background is fabulous.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got a great look here with that background and the lettering. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...