Thursday, 11 July 2013

My Octopode Journal Page by Carol Fox




 
 

Hello, I have a very inky and paintey page for you this week. I recently got this little giraffe, who is made by The Octopode Factory - all the Octopode stamps are designed by Lily Chilvers, who I am sure most of you know is the daughter of my fellow That’s Crafty Teamie, Mandy. I do have a bit of a love of giraffes and I can spend ages in front of the giraffe enclosure at my local Zoo, just watching them walking around, so I just had to have this image to use on a Journal page.
 

What I did. 

·       Madly spray one side of a double page with Dylusions inks in shades of orange, red and yellow, if you think you have sprayed enough, then spray some more - you need it to be pooling on the page. Then close your book so they are pushed together, open the pages and you should now have a very wet inky drippy page, heat dry.


·       I laid a stencil onto my page, held it firmly down and spritzed it with water, lifted, waited a few seconds, then blotted. I repeated this a few times over the double page, dry it all well.


·       I used Archival ink and the Bubbles Background stamp from IndigoBlu to stamp the images randomly over the background. I did not use a stamping block, as I wanted to image to look incomplete and not pristine.


·       Using a dot stencil with a couple of colours of Fresco paints, I made the small coloured circles. These really blend into the background, as I wanted them to form another layer and not a focal point.


·       I finally used gesso through the same dot stencil. I added more dots, do not heat set these, leave them to dry naturally, as this way they seem to suck a bit of the background colour up and the gesso dots blend a little bit.


·       I stamped my flower stems and ziggy pattern pieces using black Archival ink, directly onto the background.


·       I stamped my giraffe, flower heads and quote onto vintage book paper and stuck them down onto my page.


·       I coloured the images using Fresco paints, and highlighted with Liquid Pearls.


·       I dragged a credit card dipped into black paint around the edges to border the page.


·       I dipped various sized lids into black paint to stamp the circles.


·       I finished with a white pen to highlight certain bits of the page.

 
I do love the slight clash of the bright colours together on this page, definitely one you need sunglasses for!
 

I used:

Dylusion Sprays: Postbox Red, Sweetened Orange, Lemon Zest
Fresco Finish Paints: London Bus, Pumpkin Soup, South Pacific, Little Black Dress
Octopode Stamps: Stuart the Punk Giraffe, Star Flower large and small
PaperArtsy: Jofy 10, (Art in Bloom ELB01-flower stem)
Archival Ink Pads: Black and Sienna Red
Vintage Text Paper

 
Carol x

3 comments:

  1. A delightful journal page (the octo-giraffe is so sweet!) and I love the bright, happy feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally fabulous page! Love the giraffe and glorious colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely Carol and absolutely love that orange and blue colour combination too.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...