Sunday, 28 July 2013

Garden Visitor by Lynne Moncrieff



 

 

If you have been toying with the notion of purchasing a Gelli Arts Plate but unsure if you would make use of it, I say dive in!  As I don’t have an abundance of stencils or bright colours amongst my supplies, I was unsure if it would fit into my preferred style but I believe now that the Gelli Plate suits whatever it is your style might be.

For me, it has allowed me a speedy way of creating a background which has the appearance of texture and of course a perfect base for stamping (or stencils).

Once again I used lace for my prints, yet the card I made was with a male cousin’s birthday in mind. So whether you like grungy, funky or vintage, it appears it will morph to your style.


SUPPLIES

EcoGreen Crafts Acrylic Paints:- Birch, Aged Gold and Bronze
PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paint:- Honeydew and Sage
Distress Ink:- Vintage Photo and Crushed Oliver
5” x 5” card blank (or make own from A4 cardstock)
White cardstock (for Gelli prints)
Extras:- Lace, thread, mini eyelet and burlap scrap 

 

INSTRUCTIONS
 

Gelli Prints

·       For the first Gelli print (for background) I used EcoGreen Acrylics and PaperArtsy Fresco Finish in Sage. To create the print, I used wide lace and loose weave burlap ribbon.

         
 
 
 
 

·       For the second print (used to stamp main elements onto), I combined Birch, Aged Gold and Honeydew, using lace to create the print. 
 
 
 
 
 
 



Stamped Background on Gelli Print

 

·       The feather from Oxford Impressions The Bird’s Nest and bee from Oxford Impressions Jane’s Garden, were stamped repeatedly with Distress Ink Vintage Photo on the first print, then adhered to card base.
 
 
 
 

 

·       Distress Ink Crushed Olive was swiped onto lace and adhered to cardbase.
 

·       Onto the second Gelli Print, with VersaFine Vintage Sepia, I stamped Garden (Jane’s Garden), two feathers and bird collage (The Bird’s Nest) with Vintage Photo applied to edges.




 

·       I layered the bird collage and feathers to cardbase. Embellishing with lace and scrap burlap. Garden was cut into a tag shape, mini eyelet inserted and attached to the lace with thread.
 
 
 
 
Until next week.

Lynne

19 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Lynne. Such a beautiful textured background and the stamping and embellishing is gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful card, & the background is beautiful! I must give my bright colours a miss, & try some more neutral shades on my Gelli Plate, as I love the effects you got Lynne!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful delicate work on the Gelli print... and the bird image is so lovely, as are the feathers. A wonderful make, Lynne.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you're using the gelli plate to suit the way *you* craft, Lynne. A beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! You have not only convinced me of the plate but also those stamps! Everything about this project is just stunning, LoVe it and right up my street!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lynn, the way you've used the jelli plate has made me think again, up until now I've not been sure about them . I've recently bought this stamp plate, hope I can achieve such fabulous results (probably not, I can live in hope)#
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Lynne, This is Gorgeous... I NEED a Gelli plate!!! Your background is amazing...Love those stamps too... Beautiful work.. Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How soft and elegant! Loving the colors you used and the stamped images over the Gelli BG. The print using the wide lace is fabulous! I always love to see your work in progress photo's!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful card and you are so clever to make such pretty gelli print background papers Lynne!
    Your stamped feathers had me thinking they were REAL!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful Lynne, I love your Gelli background [mine's still in its packaging].
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that use of lace and burlap on the Gelli plate. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...