Thursday, 18 July 2013

Artful Steampunk Sparrow Tag by Carol Fox



 

 

Hello

This week I have a metal tag to share with you. 
 

This is what I did:

·       I used a mask and Grunge Paste to give the tag recess a bit of texture.
 

·       I then painted it with a Fresco paint in French Roast, as this is a translucent colour it needed 3 coats to give it good coverage. I then followed this with one coat of South Pacific.
 

·       When the layers of paint were completely dry, I applied Cast Bronze Gilding Wax with my finger to highlight the Fresco Grunge Paste and to add a bit of interest to the painted outer edges.
 

·       I cut the brad bits from the cog brads and then dragged a black paint dabber over them before gluing them in place on the tag.
 

·       I rolled a piece of vintage music paper to fit inside the little bottle and then added this to the tag using glue.
 

·       I stamped the Steampunk Sparrow onto shrink plastic, coloured him with Distress ink and then shrunk him with my heat gun, I then added him to the tag.
 

·       I made my flower with die cuts cut from music paper. I formed these into the flower shapes and then dipped into clear UTEE melted in my melt pot, while the individual layers were still wet I layered them up to form the flower. I added Gilding Wax to the flower using a paint brush.
 

·       I threaded a short length of black scrappers floss through the Idea-ology token and then wrapped the thread around the tag as shown in the photo.
 

·       I stuck on the assembled flower last so it was on top of the thread.  
 
         I used
         Metal Tag
         Distress Ink
         Shrink Plastic
         Black Dabber
         Grunge Paste
         Gilding Wax: Cast Bronze
         Idea-ology: Token, Glass Vial
         Clear UTEE
         Melt Pot
         Eyelet Outlet Gear Brads
         Music Paper
         Scrappers Floss
 

Carol x

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Carol - fabulous painty layering to give such depth and patina, and I love the wiring together of the vial, and fabulous flower!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...