Tuesday, 9 July 2013

A Card ~ Why does the Caged Bird Sing? by Mandy C


 
 

 

Selections of Dylusions Sprays… I used: Bubblegum Pink, Calypso Teal and Fresh Lime
Circular mask… there’s lots to choose from ~ I used this one
Stickles ~ Glam Pink and Purple
Cling Film

 

·       Cut out a square of white card 4 in x 4 in. Place onto the craft sheet and spray the Dylusions over the card. Doesn’t matter how and you don’t need to soak it. Take a piece of cling film and place over the top of the inked card and scrunch the cling film ~ this will create the pattern. Leave to dry naturally.

·       Meanwhile, take another piece of card, I made it big enough to fit over this die cut I had in my stash. Spray with Rose Pink and dry with a heat tool. Stamp the script randomly over the piece of card in brown StazOn. Place the mask over the top and spray Vintage Rose through it. You can bearly see it but it’s very shimmery.  Dry, then glue onto the die cut with Cosmic Shimmer Glue and cut around it. Edge with chalk ink.

·       On another piece of card/thick paper, stamp the bird image in black Archival ink. Blast with a heat tool to set and then colour with watercolours. Carefully, cut out the image including the inside of the frame and bird.

·       Glue onto the pink die cut. Edge with maroon chalk ink.

·       Once your 4x4 background is dry, use the mask and place it centrally on the card and spray the Bubblegum Dylusions through the mask. Lightly dab off any excess with a paper towel and then dry with a heat tool.

·       Place the die cut with the bird on it, centrally and use 3d foam pads to add some dimension. Edge with chalk ink.

·       I then glued the background to another piece of pale aqua card I had in my stash, edged with turquoise chalk ink.

·       Lastly, add your Stickles and your Glossy Accents… I covered the bird completely with Glossy Accents as I like the effect and I followed the frame and some of the spray impressions with the Stickles.

·       Leave to dry.
 
 
Mandy

3 comments:

  1. Positively luscious, Mandy. I love the touch of stickles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Mandy. Just love those bold colours, so summery.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...