Monday, 17 June 2013

Salad with Gelli by Deborah



 
 
 

I’m not much of a lettuce leaf gal but I love this Layered Salad stencil by Terry Stegmiller for StencilGirl.

I used it with my small gelli plate and, as I indulged in a long gelli printing session, I cannot tell you exactly how I created it. I use various paints from Golden and Liquitex to the Fresco Finish and Eco Green paints stocked by That’s Crafty. I also tend not to clean my plate between printings and brayer onto scrap paper to get most – but not all of the paint off. One thing I often do, is press a piece of bubble wrap onto the stencil when it’s on the plate to ensure it leaves a good imprint – and of course it adds another layer of texture.

Once I had cut it to size, I edged it with black and umber ProMarkers and attached it to brown cardstock from my stash with double sided tape

I stamped the main image onto a scrap of yellow painted paper in Vintage Sepia and coloured it with watercolour pencils, also edging it with ProMarkers to make it stand out.

Once I had stamped ‘wonderful’ in Jet Black Archival ink, I went over the top of the lettering with  a white sketching pencil to knock the black back a bit.
 
Deborah

13 comments:

  1. ooohhhh love the fruit salad effect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great print, that stencil worked really well for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most amazing background.
    Salad never looked so good (and that is coming from the mouth of a vegetarian!)
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!!! I love that background Deb! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, your background is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous looking salad Debs and love the quirky image.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning print... makes that stencil look like a "must have" - and the completed card is fabulous.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh it's amazing ! the background looks so textures
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Deb, a truly wonderful creation xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's a fantastic background Deborah! You really have mastered your Gelli printing. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!need to get my Gelli plate out again,I.m inspired !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this!need to get my Gelli plate out again,I.m inspired !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...