Tuesday, 18 June 2013

Passport Tag by Mandy C



 


7 Gypsies ~ Vence 
Brilliance Starlite Black 

 

·       I began the tag by spraying the mists onto some card randomly and then drying.

·       Once dry I glued onto the tag. This way you have extra to stamp onto without making more background paper.

·       I built up layers of stamping and paint. Firstly I stamped the grid from 7 Gypsies down the right hand side using the coffee Archival very lightly. I added some scratch stamps and then stamped the numbers from the Dylusions set in olive Archival. Then I added some Distress paint through the mask. I love this mask!

·       Next, onto the ‘spare’ background card, stamp 2 x passport photo from the OI plate in coffee Archival. It worked quite well, although I know some people do prefer to use VersaFine for photo images. I also stamped a ‘nib’ out from the Vintage Artist set.

·       Stamp the visa stamp from the OI plate in black Archival.

·       With the passport photo image, I torn down the right hand edge on both the images. Otherwise cut out all the images you have stamped out. On one of the passport images, cut the centre photo out just leaving the frame.

·       Glue the full passport image fairly central on the tag. Make sure you leave enough space to stamp a key at the bottom. Add some ‘stains’ using the splat stamp from the Sheena set.
 
 
 
 

·        Then using 3d foam pads, attach the ‘frame’ Add the nib also with 3d foam to the frame. Glue the visa stamp onto the upper right corner.

·       Stamp the key directly to the tag under the photo. (my first attempt went wrong which is why I had to add a piece of torn paper to mine) using coffee Archival.

·       Using black Archival stamp the passport number to the bottom left corner.

·       Edge with the Brilliance, add some gilding wax around the edges too and a matching ribbon.
 
·         Finally add the Crackle Accents to the pen nib and also to the key.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Mandy
 

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful colour(that olive!) and composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very vintage, love this. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, lovely - love those inky layers!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely tag Mandy. Fab grungy effects and great colours.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stazon and Archival ink for fine/raster images. I can never get a good impression I have trouble even with EZ mount. I'll give Versafine inkpad a go.
    You made a lovely, sepia tone tag.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...