Thursday, 20 June 2013

Octopode Canvas by Carol Fox





 
 
This week, I have been trying out a few techniques I usually use in journaling, on a canvas. It’s a very ink and painty background with a bit of gesso thrown in for good measure too.

 

This is what I did.

 

·       I swiped Gelatos over my canvas using them directly from the stick, like you would childrens colouring crayons. Using broad strokes from top to bottom and sided to side. I then blended this with a water colour brush.
 

·       Using a couple of Dylusions Stencils and Fresco Paint “Little Black Dress”, I added a layer of black to the canvas.
 

·       Using the large flower stencil and Kroma Crackle, I did the  flower motif in the top corner. When this was dry and cracked, I used black paint and gilding wax to highlight it.
 

·       I used gesso and a mask for the large open circles.
 

·       I then took my water colour brush again and swiped it over the whole canvas and this blended the background up over the gesso and softened all the black paint.


·       I edged it with black paint and gilding wax.
 

·       I stamped all my images onto white cosmetic tissue paper using black Archival ink. Once these were dry, I cut them out and stuck them down using Multi Medium.
 

·       I finished with a bit more black paint and gilding wax to edge it and to highlight certain areas.
 
 

I used


Gelato Paints
The Octopode Factory Stamp – Alice 

Dylusions Stamps 

Dylusions Stencils
Fresco Finish Paint

Gesso

Gilding Wax

Black Archival Ink
Water Colour Brush
C
osmetic Tissues

Multi Medium
KROMA Crackle

 

Carol x

3 comments:

  1. Fab techniques Carol and just love the pop of the black on the lovely background colours.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the layers... moody and cute at the same time!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...