Monday, 10 June 2013

Keep Out! Door Hanger by Deborah



 
 

Items used:
 

Here’s a nice an easy project - for a boy who wants to keep his pesky little brother out of his room. I was aiming for a graffiti/camouflage effect.

I painted the door hanger with a coat of Picket Fence Distress Stain to seal, then added two coats of Mustard Seed Distress Paint. I just use it straight from the dabber. Once dry, I placed the hand stencil on top and dabbed the black and blue paints through it. Then I filled in the gaps on the hanger by turning the stencil to make random patterns.

I edged the inside of the hole with the Sunflower ProMarker then used the black (narrow end) to give the hand more definition.

Using the black paint I stamped the chicken wire randomly to pull everything together. I stamped the letter stamps in archival ink because I thought the paint would be too blobby – they are only tiny peg style stamps that cost a £1 so they’re not exactly top quality.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. Great hanger for a lad...the colour combo and graffiti style is spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous funky hanger - that should keep them out!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bet any young lad would like one of these.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what an impressive design. Love how you combined the colors and stamps!
    Hugs Anja

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab colours and I love the camouflage effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great camouflage effect, perfect boy door hanger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Deborah. So striking!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...