Monday, 3 June 2013

Faces by Deborah



 

Adirondack Dye Inks: Pebble, Pitch Black, Lettuce, Terracotta, Salmon
Hero Arts Neon Blue Ink
Evergreen Bough Distress Ink
ProMarkers: Pear Green, Ice Grey 4
Distress Stain: Picket Fence
Water Colour Pencils
Water Soluble Crayons
 

There’s not much to explain with these tags, technique-wise. I just inked through the various stencils using the cut n dry foam.
 

Alien Face



 

I thought the Face stencil used ‘as is’ rather than as a guide for a more complete face looked a bit like an alien, hence ‘Close Encounter’. Part of the nose is from Three Quarter, in the same Jane Davenport series. I used a grey ProMarker to edge the tag.

I misted some crinkle ribbon with water and then rubbed Bundled Sage Distress Stain over one side. I bunched the ribbon up in a piece of paper towel to crush and crinkle it and, once it was dry, threaded it through the tag with a piece of florists wire which I cured around a pencil. The combination of water and the paper towel allows for a paler, more subtle colour.


Wonderful Face




 


The tag was die cut from packaging so I gave it (grey side) a coat of Picket Fence Distress Stain, then rubbed the Lettuce and Salmon Ink Pads directly on top. I inked through the stencil with Terracotta then coloured the face with Salmon ink.

I coloured the lips with an orange water colour pencil then lightened the eyes and edged the face with white water soluble crayon, adding green eyes with water colour pencil. I used the Terracotta ink to edge the tag and stamp ‘wonderful’ and the scratches.

I coloured a grunge board arrow with Pear Green ProMarker and glued it to the top of the tag as a hanger.

6 comments:

  1. Both great tags but the Alien Tag hits the spot for me....think it might be the white space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful, especially the one of the left!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really great tags - the faces are so ethereal and other-worldly - aliens is a great thought!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two great tags, I thought the first one looked a bit ethereal and alien before reading your description! Good to see you rediscovering your Adirondacks, too - lovely inks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both stunning in different ways. The 2nd is beautiful in its simplicity (although I'm sure it was hard to make) the first has a more otherworldly vibe to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...