Monday, 24 June 2013

Angel Card by Deborah



 
 


 
This didn’t start off as an angel on a Christmas card – I just wanted to use the Lynne Perrella doll head stamp. I have also amassed a lot of gelli printed, shaped tags (approx #5).

 
After stamping the head in Jet Black Archival ink, I coloured it with watercolour pencils and cut it out. For the dress I used a scrap of Gelli printed paper featuring the dotty leaf from the Mini Pattern Leaves stencil, cut to shape. Once I had glued the head and dress to one of my tags, I outlined it and drew some sleeves with a black watercolour pencil. I added extra colour to the dress with watercolour pencils, and to the tag with the Tarnished Brass stain.
 

At this point, it suddenly struck me she looked a little like an angel – and the colours looked quite Christmassy - so I sketched in the suggestion of wings using white water soluble pastel and drew around a lid to create a halo. I finished the tag by second stamping the snowflakes from Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight in black.
 

I dug around in my stack of Gelli prints for some background paper – this one looks like I used Picked Raspberry and Mustard Seed paints and you can just about make out the floral Prima stencil. I added a little Tarnished Brass and Bundled Sage stain in places and stamped the snowflakes in two opposing corners in Worn Lipstick.

 
I edged it with the ProMarkers and gave it a coat of Mod Podge. Then once I had attached the tag slightly off centre (on purpose), I second stamped the Tim Holtz flourish and musical notes. The banners were die cut from another scrap of the background paper, stamped with snowflakes, edged in black and coated in Mod Podge. If you don’t have that die it’s pretty easy to cut your own freehand.



Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Fab card Deb and thankyou for mine :)Love it ! this came up on my Facebook news feed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Deb, just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The most gorgeous colours.
    A beautiful card.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this Deborah. Great idea for using the image and the background papers are fantastic. Good to see you really getting your moniesworth out of the gelli plate. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful look of antiquity... beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little face! Great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...