Thursday, 16 May 2013

Shabby Chic Shimmer Mist Frame by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
 

I have altered a chipboard frame today using gesso and sprays.

 

·       Lay the stencil onto the frame and using a pallet knife cover the whole lid with texture paste.
 

·       Carefully remove the stencil and let the texture paste dry thoroughly.

 
·       Using a strong glue position the flowers and glue in place, let dry.
 

·       Paint the whole frame including the flowers with white gesso, the bookplate and the metal butterfly, and let them dry thoroughly.

 
·       Use various shades of Cosmic Shimmer mist sprays, spritz your box and bookplate lightly. Use the colours in turn, drying each layer with your heat gun before adding the next to avoid the colours mixing together while wet.
 

·       I now sprayed my frame and bookplate with a clear finish to seal the colours.
 

·       Finally I used Creative Expressions Gilding Wax to add interest and to highlight areas on the box.
 

·       I added a stamped word to the bookplate before attaching it.

 

 I used 


Frame or similar item
Metal Butterfly (mine was a fridge magnet and I removed the magnet from it)

 

Carol x

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Carol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! My jaw dropped when I saw this Carol - what a stunning effect!
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful... the rich colours glow with life!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project is gorgeous, well done Carol:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...