Thursday, 23 May 2013

My Take on Tim’s Tag for May 2013 by Carol Fox


 
 
 

 
One of the themes I always enjoy doing is “The Circus”, so I have decide to do my May 2013 tag using this as my theme, using the rather lovely Big Top set by Stampers Anonymous.

 

          This is how I did it.
 

·       I used a #8 tag and applied the rub-ons randomly, rubbing bits down and ripping the sheet of quickly so the images were not always complete. I am writing this as I make my tag, and I just had a lovely surprise, I had not realised there were two sheets of rub-ons in each pack. I should start to read the packaging on things.

·       I used the Distress stains to my craft sheet and swished my tag through to colour it (I misted to blend only a little bit as I wanted my colours to be more separate and brighter). I heat dried it. I then spritzed to mottle the colours, I heat dried and dotted any damp areas with a kitchen towel. I used the left over ink to colour a piece of crinkle ribbon that I would use later on my tag

·       I inked the edges of the tag with Black Soot Distress ink using an applicator tool.

·       I used Archival ink and stamped my images. I did mask one of mine, as I have a bit of a thing about not liking to see partial images showing through other stamped images.

·       I now decided my background was overpowering the stamping too much, so I thoroughly spritzed it and blotted it with a piece of kitchen towel, this lightened the background and I was happy.

·       I wanted a very dark edged to my tag, so I ran a black dabber round the edge and then hand drew lines around the outside edges

·       I decided where I wanted my word band to go, cut a piece of film ribbon to size and attached it with dst.

·       I attached the word band and game spinner with brads and hammered the tops to dent them.

·       I used a fragment instead of the enamel tag. I backed it with a scrap of vintage book paper before adding the rub-ons, I then sealed it with a thin coat of Glossy Accents. I attached the finished fragment to the tag with dst, adding a brad to the hole to finish it off.

·       I finished it with the Crinkle Ribbon I had coloured earlier.

 

                    I Used  

Distress Stains: Wild Honey, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, Picked Raspberry
Pen and ink for drawing lines
Texture Hammer

 
I hope you like my take on Tim’s tag.


Carol x

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy making Tim's May tag of 2013 too and some how knew he would eventually use remnants rub ons. I love how the Distress Stains blend together to form a feast for the eyes. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours - they really seem to glow. A fab Tim tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An interesting tag - I haven't done any of these, but from what I have seen it's all been very inspiring for lots of people including yourself. lovely work Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful, Carol. Love the way you did the stains leaving each color in its own right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliantly funky - it's so cool, Carol!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...