Thursday, 2 May 2013

My Hero by Carol Fox



 



My Hero

I have an arch to share with you today. I got the Tweet Friends stamp a while ago as I really liked it, and as soon as I saw the new release stamp from Crafty Individuals of the light house I knew they would work well together.

 

What I did:
 

·       I die cut 3 arch layers from scrap chipboard, removing the centres of two of them, I layered the two outer rims and painted them with Fresco paint in Honey dew, when this was dry I used a baby wipe to apply Chocolate Pudding over the cream to just make it look a bit worn.
 

·       I die cut another arch from white stamping paper and stamped the light house collage onto it. I coloured this with a combination of Distress ink pads and pens.
.

·       I stuck this to the chipboard arch and layered the outer rims over it, I then painted the outer edges with the Fresco paint as before.
 

·       I stamped cut and coloured an extra wave, compass, rope and some odd birds and layered these onto the picture and rim of the arch (adding a small spinner to the compass with a brad before sticking it in place).
 

·       I stamped, coloured and cut out my bunting and birds, adding these to arch as shown in the main photo.
 

·       I now was a bit stuck for a quote and I really could not think of what to use so I rummaged around and found this on a sheet of rubber stamps and I thought it fitted in with the picture really well.

 

I Used 

Crafty Individuals Stamp CI384 and CI370 (bunting)
B Line designs Tweet Friends
Die Cut Arch – Tando Arches are excellent for this to I just did not have any left
 
 
Carol

7 comments:

  1. You're right Carol, they are perfect together. A brilliant and beautiful arch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A link for the bunting stamp http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/acatalog/Crafty-Individuals-Stamp---Alice-Palace-Designs---CI370-81957.html x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Carol for the link, I'll add it to the post. Sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only put it up as someone emailed me via my blog to ask where the stamps was. x

      Delete
  4. Love your Napoleonic birdy... a great make!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...