Monday, 13 May 2013

Imperial Gelli Tag by Deborah




 



Since I bought my Gelli plate I’ve been printing like crazy and now have a stack of prints – some fab, some not so good. I can’t tell you exactly how I made the background for this tag and in any case they are one of a kind and unrepeatable. But I do know I used the wonderful Turkish Grunge stencil and I’m 90% sure of the paints I used. I don’t tend to clean my plate in between printings so it’s more than likely that there are echoes of previous colours and prints somewhere in the mix, even if they are not evident.

The pinky-gold embellishments are die cut from a one of the not so good Gelli prints (so don’t throw any away!) And the background for my stamping is also a ‘failed’ print. The pale prints – often made after the first and second pulls – are great for grungy backgrounds. It’s probably best to use an Archival or StazOn ink on a painty background.

If you want some Gelli plate inspiration I thoroughly recommend heading to YouTube and typing in Carolyn Dube.

I think it’s fairly obvious how I put my tag together but here’s a few pointers:

After adhering my Gelli print to the tag with Mod Podge, I stamped the onion domes in Cobalt and coloured the image with coloured pencils and a smidge of gilding wax. I tore roughly around it, edged with more pencil and glued it to the background (I used the Mod Podge for everything except the pearls). I also added a little gilding wax to the pearls to age them a little.

I finished the tag by adding the die cut strips, stamping the Latin words from the Vintage plate, dabbing a tiny bit of stickles glitter glue around the die cut strip on the right – and adding ribbon.
 
Deborah

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tag Debs. Love the background and wish I had some spare time to play with my gelli plate!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fab tag. That Turkish Grunge stencil looks like it will be perfect for the mini book I'm planning about our recent trip to Istanbul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag, great colours and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I thought: a fantastic tag Deborah. Colours, layers and stamps which work beautifully together. If ever I saw a reason to get a gelli plate then this is it!
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to see you having fun with the Gelli plate, fab tag!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool... and so clear how much fun you're having!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...