Thursday, 30 May 2013

Everybody Do The Funky Bird by Carol Fox


 
 

 
I have an ATC for you today. This started off as just a bit of mop-up sticky back canvas from a larger project, it then got used as a test piece to see how my sewing machine handled metallic thread and now it’s become an ATC, what a life it’s had!

 

What I did
 

·       The sticky back canvas is coloured with Distress stains in Picked Raspberry and Wild Honey, as I said I then tried out metallic thread on it, just running a random edge, but lucky it was a nice size now to cut down to an ATC.

·       Stamped the bird cage directly with black Archival ink and highlighted bits with a white pen. I also stamped the stars from the Fine Day plate onto the background as a filler.

·       Once I had stuck a strip of washi tape along the bottom, I again stitched that area so the gold line was still all around the edge. I drew a black line along each edge of the washi.

·       The large bird and words are stamped onto paper, cut out and layered on.

·       I filled the edge gap with the stripy bit of one of the edge stamps on the “Around the Edge” stamps.

·       I finished by dragging a black acrylic dabber round the edges.

 

I used 

Sticky Back Canvas (in ATC sizes HERE)
Distress Stains: Picked Raspberry, Wild Honey
Crafty Individuals Stamps: CI349, CI364, CI380


Carol

2 comments:

  1. So cool... love the jewel colours, and the washi tape looks fab all stitched in - love it!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've yet to try my machine on atc's ~ scary. love this atc

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...