Wednesday, 8 May 2013

Eastern Princess by Alan Scott



 
 

This is one of the most simple projects I have done when it comes to 'stamping'. We sometimes think that we have to colour in everything or we give the image a treatment. Sometimes just adding a little colour to one or two places is all that’s needed.
This is one of those projects. The backdrop (we'll talk more about that later) is as you can see, highly coloured, bright and very 'in your face', so an image that is fully coloured would clash and it would just look a total mess.
There is a new range of Eastern Themed stamps from one of my fav stamp designers Lynne Perrella. They are full of Eastern Promise so they say. I am very impressed with them and they are a little detour from the normal style. The stamp set I have used is called Lynne Perrella LPC021 by PaperArtsy.  
  

MATERIALS USED:
 
A4 White Stamping Card
A4 Dark Gold Mirror Card
Archival Ink - Jet Black
Selection Water Bases Colouring Pens such as AquamarkersTim Holtz Distress Markers 
Water Filled Brushes
Flesh Coloured Water based Paint
Eco-Friendly Acrylic Paint - Aged Gold
Gelli Plate plus a collection of Acrylic Based Paints
Ranger Melt Pot plus Gold Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
2 Medical Glass Slides
Selection of Glitter Pens
Gold Border Peel Off's
Craft Mat
Steel Edged Ruler
Craft Knife
P
rint from the Gelli Plate
 

MAKE THE PROJECT: 

This project was built upon something that I had done while playing with my Gelli Plate. This is a wonderful but I have to warn you, a highly addictive part of your crafting arsenal. I should also say that before you start 'pulling prints', you have to make a lot of space free to place your prints. This backing paper was produce by layering several layers.



 
 

Here is the final print that I made. You may be able to pick out that I have used large bubble wrap as the image on the layers of prints.
 
 


After I stamped out the main image, I selected what I was going to use. In the end, all I opted for was a red, gold and flesh colours.

 

 
By just keeping to a simple colour palette the final project would look clean.
 
  
  
With just the addition of the Glitter Gell Rolls Pens, you can add highlights. This is something that you can't do when you're printing your paper. You can lay down large areas of 'glitter' but you can't control thin fine lines.
  
 
Next I stamped the inclusion to the medical slides and coloured it using the same red I had used for the flower. This was then cut out and secured between the glass sheets. 
 
 
 

To seal the glass sheets together, the Melting Pot was used. This was something that I saw Hels Sheridan and there are also lots of videos on You Tube - just type in Melt Pot.
  
 
 

The last thing I had to do was place a gold line as an edger. I never thought I would dip into my peel offs and use one of them on my projects. So I guess we do use EVERYTHING that we buy in the end.
All that was left to do was to secure the printed image onto some dark gold mirror card and then using a sharp craft knife, trim around leaving a small margin around the white card.
There we have it, a project that was built up from experimenting with a Gelli Plate and then building up on what I had done while experimenting  Don't throw away any of your "tester" prints from your Gelli Plate as they can be used again and built upon.
 
Alan

 

4 comments:

  1. I love how you did that and the background is superb. Beautiful work on both stamping and background

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous background Alan and the black and white image pops perfectly against it.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great background...maybe I'll have to try gelli printing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...