Monday, 27 May 2013

Birds on a Ledge by Deborah

 
 

 




This week’s project is something of an experiment. I was going for a painterly effect on this page in my watercolour journal.

I began by dabbing Distress Stains through the Bird in Window stencil, then flipping it and dabbing some different colours. I used dark watercolour pencils to define some of the areas, especially the birds. Then I scribbled the stains around the stencilled images to fill in the white space.

I built up the picture with more stencilling, using inks applied with the blending foam. In a couple of places I needed to tone down some of the colour so I used Picket Fence Distress Stain on top.
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. Those birdies look like masters of camouflage! Great journal page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really fabulous Debs. So clever to turn it over and the colours are just gorgeous.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous use of stencilling and great colour combinations Deborah. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your arty piece Deborah. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so arty Deb's :)thumbs up
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is soooo gorgeous, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely brilliant... what an inspired use of the stencils, and it's definitely "painterly" - beautiful art pages.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...