Monday, 6 May 2013

Bird’s Nest ATC by Deborah




 

I used:
 

To make my ATC background I sprayed white card with Dylusions inks in blues and oranges, and Sea Glass Glimmer Mist, blotted it with paper towel and filled in the gaps with Distress Ink. I cut the most interesting parts into ATC sized pieces, reserving the off-cuts for stamping the eggs on to.

I stamped the nest in Espresso then placed the songbird stencil over the top, selecting the smallest bird and inking Black Pitch using the Cut n Dry. I used my pencils and turquoise crayon to add an eye and edge the bird very sketchily, just to add some definition.

I stamped the smallest speckled egg several times on the off-cuts of sprayed card, using Vintage Sepia and Espresso inks, attaching them – and the color fragments – with Mod Podge. I smudged Mod Podge on top of the eggs too, for extra adhesion to add a subtle sheen.

Next I stamped ‘wonderful’ from the Incredible set in Pitch Black and used the turquoise crayon to edge the ATC, rubbing it with my finger to blend then using the chisel end of the Umber ProMarker to colour the very edge. I also added a touch of stickles - Vintage Photo – where there wasn’t any stamping, with my finger.

Using the Design Ruler and a piercing tool I made the holes for the wire, which I wound round a pencil before attaching.
 
Deborah

13 comments:

  1. An awesome creation Debs. Amazing colours and texture here and I think the stencil has just gone on my wish list!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debs thats incredible.what a gorgeous atc. Such brilliant texture and thought gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhh i LOVE this. love the word stamps you are using just lately. must check them out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the colours may not be spring-like but this is definitely a spring themed ATC. I love the colours you've used and I thought the fragments were eggshells at first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous and I'm fascinated by all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colours, love the bird, adore that nest/eggs! What a great ATC Deborah. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank for all this explanations, it's a very wonderful ATC !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great ATC, love the touch of texture for the nest!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore this Deb, wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful... just love those glowing colours!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's really gorgeous Deb!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...