Friday, 12 April 2013

Tres Chic By Fliss Goodwin


 
 

Hi there, I’ve gone a bit French for my creation this week which is a large tag featuring the gorgeous Prima doll stamp designed by Julie Nutting but in a very different way to my previous canvas artwork. I have used some inks but the bulk of the colouring has been done using Promarkers as I felt in need to brush up my skills a little as using these markers is not a strong skill of mine! Hope you like what I made.
 

Here’s What You Need: 

Stamps Used

 

Here’s How To: 

·       Stamp the doll, the background and your choice of the borders together with the French script on to white card with the coffee ink. If you twist the background stamp sideways, you should be able to get all the images on an A4 sheet. 

·       Colour the images with the ProMarkers. I chose Amethyst for the doll’s frock and doodled on the pockets with the brown fine pen. I coloured the background using Amethyst, Blossom, Coral and Saffron on the flowers with Vanilla and Saffron on the background and added colour by scribbling it on. This gives a slightly looser, more grungy look to the colouring. 

·       I cut out the background with the pinking shears and the doll and borders with ordinary scissors. I cut the text into sections after colouring with an Ivory ProMarker to take the whiteness of the card away. 

·       I inked the edges of the top of the tag and the whole of the lower part with the Milled Lavender Distress ink. You’ll see it takes on a slightly different colour tone with the manila tag and blends beautifully with the ProMarker colours.  

·       Assemble the tag as you see in the photo, adding some ribbon at the top. 
 

See you again next week.

Fliss x

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...