Sunday, 21 April 2013

The Reader by Lynne Moncrieff




 

This week I have decided to share a tag which makes use of a photo real stamp along with T.A.P. which is always beautiful to use.  
 

Supplies
Crafty Individuals Shabby Tag
Seam Binding/Crinkly Ribbon
Caran d’ache NeoColor II Watersoluble Crayons (or any watercolours)
Extras:- fabric fragments, vintage French book text, one Prima flower, pearl sticker and vintage lace.
 

Instructions

·       When using photo real stamps my preference is to use my Speedball Brayer to ink up the image. Ink up the image from Oxford Impressions Soul of the Rose with Archival Ink in Jet Black and stamp onto Lesley Riley’s Transfer Artist Paper. I lightly coloured the image with Caran d’ache watersoluble crayons before transferring to Claudine Hellmuth Sticky Back Canvas.
 

·       Gathering a vintage French book text and fabric fragments, I layered them onto the Crafty Individuals Shabby Tag with Claudine Hellmuth Multi Medium in Matt before adhering  the transferred piece.


·       I stained the seam binding with Distress Re-inker in Tattered Rose and also fruity tea bags. Once dry they were used to embellish the tag along with vintage lace and a Prima flower.  Finally lace was looped at the top of the tag to form a hanging.
 

Wishes

Lynne

10 comments:

  1. Hello Lynn, Another gorgeous tag,the image is beautiful all the lovely lace, and I do love when you dye the seam binding:).
    I haven't seen Lesley Riley's name in a long time, she was one of my first mentors, she showed me I was an artist even if I couldn't draw but we could create with our hands and heart. I think we mixed media artist are a special breed..Its probably why I love your work so much we speak the same language:). Hope your having a wonderful weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tips for photo real stamps - and usuing fruit teabags, Lynne. A beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful use of this image Lynne. I have always been put off using photo real images as they seemed a little one dimensional but you've put me right here! Perfectly embellished as ever too. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous, the lace and ribbon are so beautiful surrounding that wonderful image. Thanks for the tip about using a brayer for the image, I have always been a bit hesitant to use photo real stamps and TAP but am inspired to have a go now. Hugs, Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous tag Lynne so very chic and inspiring. I have never used TAP but will have to give it a go. Love the use of the French script. The lace is stunning and the seam binding bow completes the look.

    TFS

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So elegant and beautiful! Love Lynne's work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Lynne. So very soft and pretty. Thanks for the brayer tip too - must try that as I sometimes struggle with photo stamps.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning tag, beautifully put together - and the stamping is just so lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...