Friday, 5 April 2013

Infinite Possibility By Fliss Goodwin


 

 

Hello everyone, I have another steampunk style creation to share with you all today, largely inspired because I finally took the plunge and joined Pinterest last week and it seems to be addictive! I find the search option very helpful and my card came about when I spotted a steampunk clock and got thinking – this was the result! 

Here’s What You Need:
Stamps Used:
 

Here’s How To: 

·       Cut a square of white card to fit your card blank and colour with the Antique Linen Distress Stain. I grunged mine up a little by spraying with water after applying and blotting with a paper towel. Stamp the clocks background on the right side of the stained card with the Pearlescent Beige ink. 

·       Stamp the steampunk siren image on white card with the Archival Coffee ink and then gently rub Wheat VersaMagic ink all around and over the image. Stamp some barbed wire around here with the Pearlescent Beige ink. Colour the image with the Promarkers, adding a shadow all around with a pale grey shade. 

·       Trim the steampunk image down and trim off the top corners to form a tag shape. Punch a hole at the top and add a metal flower with one of the fasteners. I chose a small one that looked like a cog. I stuck some tape over the prongs on the reverse to stop the flower moving. 

·       Ink around the edges of the tag and background paper with the Pumpkin Spice ink. If your inkpad is very wet, you may need to apply the ink with a sponge. A tip from me is to hang on to those nearly dried out inkpads as they’re fabulous for inking edges direct from the pad. 

·       Stick the background paper on to the card blank and add the tag with foam tape. I added photo corners before sticking on the tag.
 
Have a great weekend. 

Fliss x

3 comments:

  1. Feminine and grungy at the same time - love it, Fliss. Like the way you have used the barbed wire stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful combination of images.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card - love the clock and the barbed wire stamping and, as I said, I think that sentiment is wonderful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...