Monday, 1 April 2013

Casey and Carly by Deborah


 
 

I used:

Casey:

First I painted the whole of the tag with Elephant, using Cut n Dry Foam.  After drying it with a heat gun, I added a rough layer of Concrete. I sponged Elephant through the smaller figure from Casey and Penelope. When it was dry I offset the stencil slightly then sponged on Barn Door Distress Paint. I patted it dry with paper towel which smudged it a little but happily this added some grunge to the background. Then I placed the mask over the figure and edged the red with Jet Black Archival for more definition.
I then stamped various texture and pattern stamps from the Bitty Grunge set, and the bunting from My Mind’s Eye with Jet Black, Neon Blue and Paris Disk on and around the figure and splatted Mustard Seed paint in a couple of places. I edged the tag with Barn Door paint and Jet Black Archival.
After stamping ‘wonderful’, I scribbled red and bright blue oil pastels and smudged them with my finger, then outlined the figure with charcoal pencil, which I also smudged in places.
The secret is to keep alternately smudging and defining until you get a look you are happy with.
I threaded some dark grey fibres from my stash through the hole.

Carly:

I used the same supplies and techniques – the only difference being that I drew round Carly onto cardstock, extending her dress downwards, and cut her out. And the fibre became dreadlocks (I could say that was planned but it wasn’t).
 
Deborah

9 comments:

  1. These are wonderful Deborah! I totally love the shaped 'tag' on the left with the hair!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so funky, Deborah - wowow!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, they are very cool. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab Deb, they might have to go on my AP wish list!!!

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly fabulous! I love the silhouette within the silhouette - so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, I love those stencils and your tags - especially the shaped one with the dreadlocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...