Thursday, 18 April 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - April by Carol Fox



 


Hello, I thoroughly enjoyed making my Tim Holtz tag for last Thursday and it has made me decide to follow his challenge for the year.

This week I am going to share my take on his April Tag. I really wanted to use this particular stamp set by PaperArtsy as I fell in love it with when I saw it on the shop site. It is one of the older sets and how I had missed seeing it I don’t know, but I have it now, so all is well in my little crafting bubble.

I don’t actually own any of the new Distress paints yet so I had to improvise a bit. The full list of items that Tim used on his tag are available on the shop site HERE. 

How I did my tag 

·       I used PaperArtsy Fresco Paints for my background. I used them in the same manner as Tim Holtz used the Distress paints. On my craft mat, spritzing to loosen the colour and then dragging the tag through the colour. This worked really well with these paints.

·       Heat dry your tag, and then ink with the blue Distress ink, flick with water and let the colour run down the tag, heat dry again.

·       I stamped my main image in black Archival ink and heat set it.

·       I now edged my tag with the black acrylic paint dabber

·       Stamp the postmark element onto the Clearly For Art film and heat. It may curl up and if it does move the heat gun around to help keep it flat.  Attach using a couple of staples.

·       Tear small strips of tissue tape and stick in place.

·       Stamp the light house image from the sheet onto white card, cut out and then ink  with the blue and the Vintage Photo ink. Use sticky fixers to attach to the tag so it’s slightly raised.

·       I coloured my metal number and charms with the Fresco Paint, building up the colours until I was happy with the finish. I found you get a nice result with this on the metal, if you dry the first layer and then apply the other colours while the metal is still a bit warm as this makes the paint dry immediately it hits the warm metal, so the colours don’t mix together.

·       I attached my number with a couple of brads that I had hit a bit with a hammer to distress and age them. My charms I glued in place with Glossy Accents.

·       I coloured my ribbon with the Distress Stains. Laying the ribbon onto my craft mat and applying the colour directly to the ribbon, scrunching it up and drying it with a heat gun.


I used 

PaperArtsy Fresco Paints: Bora Bora, Toad Hall, Inky Pool and Old Gold
Distress Ink: Stormy Sky, Vintage Photo, Black Soot
Distress Stains: Vintage Photo, Faded Jeans, Forest Moss
Glossy Accents for gluing
Tiny Attacher and Staples


Carol

4 comments:

  1. Love the sea worn (is that a word?) look of this, Carol - fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tag. Love the stamping and lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your tag great light house !

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really gorgeous take onthe tag trace x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...