Thursday, 28 March 2013

Mountboard Book Cover Part 2 by Carol Fox


 
 
 

Hi, It’s Thursday so it’s me again, Carol. 

If you remember last week I shared how I had done the front of a small photo album that I am making as a gift. If you did miss it and would like to have a look, follow this LINK to the page.

This week I am going to make the pages to fit inside the book. I am cutting all the pages myself. I have used the cardboard outer sleeves that you get your Amazon orders sent in.

I have cut 4 pages the same size as the covers, two larger sized tags #8 and a medium tag #5. I have cut mine with my die cutting machine, but these size tags are available to purchase HERE.

 
 

I dry brushed my pages and tags using Fresco Finish paint in Honeydew, as you can see I have also punched them with my Zutter ready for binding. If you don’t have a Zutter, book rings will work just as well.

 
 

Now the fun part that I really enjoyed. I stamped all the pages and tags with a selection of images. I did not position them too much, as eventually photo’s will be placed over the top and I will be add a few more things to it before it is given away. I just got out some of my Tim Holtz stamps and just randomly stamped, using fillers when the page looked to empty. I used the new Time Traveller set rather a lot, as I like the angle of the steampunk cogs on this, it's a bit different to a lot of this style of stamp around at the moment.
 
 
 

I decided to do a pocket for my book, as I thought it would be nice to have somewhere to keep little mementoes of the trip. I used a sheet of 12 x 12 patterned paper for this, just a sheet I had in my stash from the start of my crafting days. I folded it in half and then cut it to the size of my page using the folded edge as the page edge. I then cut folded length about a 3rd of the page deep. I scored a folded lined along one long edge of this and then using DST stuck to the bottom of the 1st piece so it folded upwards. I then folded it in half along the 1st fold line to make the pocket you see here. I punched this to fit the book. I will decorate the tags.
 

 

I painted the outer back cover using the same paints as I did for the front, adding a bit of stamping. I then covered the inside covers with a couple of old book pages. I decided to add a few pages for writing on, so it could also be used as a diary for a trip. 

I coloured some ribbon with distress ink for the tags. I then assembled the whole book. 

Here are a few photos of the inside pages - as I have said, this is for a gift. I have added a clip to the top of each page for photo’s to be added, and a few little bits and pieces to just add a bit of interest.
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I used

             Brown Archival Ink Pad
          Fresco Finish Paint 
          Dylusions Ink Sprays
          Glossy Accents for gluing
          Cosmic Shimmer Mists
          Tim Holtz Film Strip Ribbon, Adage Ticket, Trinket Pin
          Odd Word Charm and Piece of Ribbon
 
 
Carol

3 comments:

  1. Yaay for Amazon packaging! Pages look fab Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous stamping... such a great mini-album!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...