Saturday, 16 March 2013

Deep Sea Diva by Laura



 
 
 
 
Materials Used:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Salty Ocean & Picket Fence
 
 
First I stamped the Mermaid on the White Silk Card with black Archival ink and then stamped her again on some masking paper. I cut out the mask, covered the Mermaid and then through the Mini Microbial template (I held this in place with some removable tape), dabbed on a mixture of Salty Ocean and Picket Fence Distress paint with a blending sponge. I did this very lightly, as I only wanted a very slight colouring.
 
Keeping the template in place, I rubbed embossing ink over the area I had just coloured. Next I removed the mask and covered the embossing ink with clear gloss embossing powder and heated until melted with my heat gun. I then coloured the rest of my card with a deeper mix of the Salty Ocean and Picket Fence Distress Paint.
 
Next, I removed the mask from the Mermaid and coloured her in using Distress Markers and a water brush. Then I coloured in her tail with a VersaMark Watermark Pen, covered this with JudiKins Sticky Stuff which was heated until melted and then I added some gilding flakes. These where brushed off when cooled down.
 
I added some Pearl PVA to her earring and then finally, I made the embossed background ‘pop’ by colouring over it with a VersaMark Embossing pen, which removed some of the paint and made then bubbles whiter. 
 
 
Laura

4 comments:

  1. I love mermaids - and her gilded tail is just gorgeous. Great effect with the bubbly background too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely stunning Laura. Her tail looks gorgeous and the bubble background is amazing.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful image Laura. I agree that the tail is amazing just like the background

    Take care

    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...