Saturday, 12 January 2013

Melt Art Keyring by Laura


 
 


Materials Used:
Melt Pot (coming soon to That’s Crafty!)
Pierce It Tool
Heat Gun
 

I’ve been trying Melt Art out for the first time and I have to say that I’m really enjoying it. This keyring is one of the first things I made and it was very, very easy to do. 

First I melted the Platinum UTEE in a Melt Pot (these will be in stock in February at That’s Crafty!) and then I sprinkled dry Lapis Jade and Lilac Black UTEE onto the Mod Circles Texture Thread. I then poured the melted Platinum UTEE onto the Texture Thread randomly. 

When it had hardened, I peeled it off of the Texture Thread and then I heated the end of a pierce it tool with a heat gun and made a hole in the UTEE for a swivel clasp.

The picture below shows the back of the keyring, which is just the plain Platinum UTEE, with nothing added. The different colouring occurs when the UTEE is poured.
 

 

As I said, really simple to do but I’m quite pleased with the results.
 
 
Laura

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful, Laura. The bottom one looks like a fossil, the top one a fragment of pottery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous textured creations Laura and just love the colours you choose.
    Looks like I need to dig out my melt pot lol
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, love the shape and texture. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...