Monday, 7 January 2013

Crowned Bunnies ATCs by Deborah



 

I’m still loving the Alice Palace: Crowned Bunnies stamp so I make no excuse for featuring it again. I stamped the bunnies with my favourite Ranger Jet Black Archival Ink, cut them out and glued them (Mod Podge: Matte) onto ATCs cut from some of my home made background papers.  Then I coloured them with a mix of ProMarkers and water soluble pastels.

Pre-made Backgrounds:
I started by swiping Fresco Finish: South Pacific and Eco Green Crafts Acrylic Paint: Butternut onto white card with an old credit card, leaving white space so I could spritz with Dylusions ink sprays.

I used various stencils and masks but you can’t really see them on the sections I chose for these ATCs. One thing I do a lot with stencils is flip them over after I’ve sprayed through them to ‘stamp’ with residue of the spray ink – you get some really cool effects.

Finishing Touches:
I added arrows and stars from My Mind’s Eye -  Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing; arty words from Creative Expressions: Vintage Artist and the words from Alice Palace: British Bulldog. The stars were stamped with Encore Ultimate Metallic ink in silver. I also doodled – very roughly – with a Ranger Inkssentials White Opaque Pen.

Finally, I edged the ATCs with either a Black or Violet ProMarker.


Deborah

12 comments:

  1. I love the depth in the backgrounds you make. I never seem to achieve the wonderful layers you get. The colours you use are fab as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love these, the backgrounds you are creating are fabulous Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally in love with these atc, they are just gorgeous !
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so gorgeous! Wonderful colours and layers...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your bunnies so no excuse for using them again :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are just gorgeous Debs. Lovely background and the bunnies are too cute. They're on my wish list too as they remind me of our 2 little fur babies.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning - I just love the colours you have used. Two wonderful pieces of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant ATCs, and it is fascinating to read how you made them, very clever and effective, and inspiring too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun inky backgrounds - a perfect foil to the quirky bunnies, great ATCs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...