Monday, 14 January 2013

Circus Girl Door Hanger by Deborah



 

I love circus imagery (although not real circuses) so choosing Oxford Impressions Vintage Circus (back in stock soon) was a no-brainer.  When I saw the image of the acrobatic circus girl I thought she would look good climbing from the door handle hole in a plywood door hanger. First of all, I sanded the edges of the door hanger to remove any rough edges with an Idea-ology Sanding Grip.

Searching through my stash of papers, I found waste paper I’d used when dabbing Distress Stains through a Crafter’s Workshop 6x6 template. Using the door hanger as a template I drew round it onto the paper and cut it out. I glued it to the door hanger with Mod Podge: Matte, then used a scalpel to carefully cut round the inside of the hole.

I stamped the girl straight onto the door hanger using Ranger Jet Black Archival, then stamped her again on paper and coloured her in with a Sunflower ProMarker and coloured pencils. Once I’d cut round her (ignoring the hair and rope) I glued her in place.

To finish, I stamped the circles from Vintage Circus in Hero Arts Neon Blue dye ink. I used the same ink to stamp the flags (off the block) from My Mind’s Eye – Follow Your Heart – Be Amazing and the sunburst from My Mind’s Eye – Indie Chic – Ginger – Pictures around the hole. Then inked around the edges of the whole piece.


Deborah

10 comments:

  1. Fun image for a door hanger - looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really lovely bright and zingy creation Debs and the girl look very acrobatic hanging on like that!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is brilliant... i love this set of stamps and the whole artiness of the hanger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love this! What wonderful colours you have used,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such fabulous colours, and a great idea to have her hanging off the door hanger!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the idea how she is hanging down from the loop

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the textures and the colour mix. Fab tag...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! I love it ... even better in full.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh absolutely wonderful, and it's good to get the details of how it was made. This is very clever stamping and colouring.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...