Saturday, 26 January 2013

By the Light of the Silvery Moon by Laura








Items Used:
Black Embossing Marker
VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad
Tando Creative Grab Bag - Circles
Stix2 Clear Foam Pads - 7mm x 7mm x 1mm 
 

I first stamped the Lost Coast Tall Trees background stamp onto some IndigoBlu black card using VersaMark. I then sprinkled this with Sticky Stuff and heated with a heat gun. When the Sticky Stuff had melted, I added Silvery Moon gilding flakes and removed the excess with some scoochy foam. 

Next I stamped the owl from the IndigoBlu Hocus Pocus stamp set on white card using VersaFIne Vintage Sepia Ink. This stamp features a castle in the background but I only wanted the owl, so I cut him out. I then stamped the image several times on copier paper because I was going to be decoupaging his feathers, so I cut out several different layers of feathers too. I coloured in his eyes and beak with a black embossing pen and embossed with clear gloss embossing powder. 

I then stuck all the different layers of feathers onto the owl image that I had stamped onto card, making sure not to stick the bottom of the feathers. I then curled the feathers round the end of a thin paint brush, to give them more dimension. 

I covered a Tando chipboard circle with Silver Leaf (again using VersaMark and Sticky Stuff) and coloured the edges with a Letraset Metallic Marker. 

Finally, I added the owl image and the moon to the Tall Trees background, using clear foam pads and then mounted the finished image on some white card.
 

Laura

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning, Laura! The decoupaged feathers are a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really is absolutely awesome Laura and the snowy owl looks so realistic. Love the striking background too.
    Fabulous!
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...