Thursday, 17 January 2013

Altered Dominoes by Carol Fox



 


Hello, I have altered some games dominoes this week to make a pendant, a fridge magnet and the third one is to use on a project I shall be blogging next week so do please pop back next Thursday to see it.

I used images from the Graphic 45 Olde Curiosity Shoppe Sets 1 & 3. I stamped onto the dominos using black StazOn ink, masking the images as needed.  I heat set this with my heat gun. I then gave it a very thin coat of Multi Medium to seal the surface as I wanted to paint the images with Claudine Hellmuth paints.

I applied the paints with a water colour brush, this makes the paints very translucent and the Multi Medium makes the paint  “stick” to the domino. 

I stamped the Create Chart from Set 1 onto card, coloured it and cut out the letters that spelt the word ART and laid them onto the domino.

For the pendant domino, I drilled holes into the top and side to add a bale for hanging and to add the key to the side to give the impression of winding up the figure. I added a small reclaimed cog and a new games spinner to the bottom corner.

I covered all the dominoes with Wow embossing powder, to do this I pressed the domino onto the embossing pad and then sprinkled the powder over it, heated and then added more powder while the 1st layer was still “wet”.

The Wow worked very well for this, as although it is a very fine powder, it also coats really well - a bit like you would expect a UTEE too. It also stayed nice and clear even though it was repeatedly heated.

I edged the bee domino with black StazOn to fit in nicely with my project for next week.
 

I used: 

Graphic 45 Stamp Sets Olde Curiosity Shoppe 1 & 3
Key 
 
 
Carol xx

8 comments:

  1. These are stunners Carol. What great use of those stamps and the colours are fabulous.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous, i love your altered dominoes ~ such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fab idea and beautifully made trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so lovely, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these altered dominoes! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so cool, Carol - and lots of great tips for altering dominoes (yet to try that...), thank you!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...