Thursday, 3 January 2013

Alice Tando Arch by Carol Fox



 


Hi, and welcome to my first blog post of 2013 for That’s Crafty. 

The new Craft Stamper is available to buy tomorrow and I have an article in it using the lovely Alice 1 plate by IndgoBlu, so I wanted to do something for the blog today featuring some of the same stamps and items as used in the article. 

I have used the Tando Arabian Arch. I have only used one of each of the chipboard shapes from the set for this, you get four arch shapes with recess shapes to fit and one larger back piece in the kit, so this is a great kit to get if you want to organise an art swap among friends or you can just make one lovely shadow box out of it, as I am sure Tando intend you too. Either way I love this kit.
 
I painted the back piece with Fresco Finish paint, using Sky as the base and crackling Honey Dew over the top. I then stamped my image directly onto this masking as I went along. I then painted the images with watered down Claudine Hellmuth paints to give an aged appearance, I then Distress inked around these using Festive Berries.

The outer arch shape I crackled the Sky over Snowflake and then randomly over stamped a pattern in Stazon Black Cherry.

Using Glossy Accents I attached the front to the back, ran a gold dabber around the outside edges. Stamped the word onto scrap card and painted in with the Dab Of Yellow Paint. The crown is from my scrap box, just painted gold and added to the top for a bit of balance. 

I used: 

Fresco Finish Paints in Snowflake, Sky, Honey Dew
Claudine Hellmuth Paints in Dab of Yellow, Sky Blue, Yellow Pastel, Sable Brown and Modern Red
Glossy Accents for gluing
 
Thank you for looking and see you next week,


Carol x

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic Carol, love the Alice theme. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant Carol.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Ginger - what a great work of art - lovely the colours and the 'theme' very clever layout.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cool crackle, and I love the Gothic arch with the Alice images - great combination!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, Carol, and look forward to your article!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...