Thursday, 6 December 2012

Christmas Coaster by Carol Fox


 
 
 
I have made a coaster to share with you this week. I am working on a length of Christmas Beer Mat Bunting to hang across my fireplace and I have used the Oxford Impressions set “Christmas Wish” for this addition to it.
For the background I used sky Fresco Finish Paint. I applied white Paint Dabber through the Dylusions Stencil Let it Snow. I stamped the star from the plate in black onto the background, painted it with Claudine Hellmuth paint in Dab of Yellow and applied Stickles over this when it was dry.
I stamped the image and quote onto a piece of scrap card and coloured the image with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and the quote with one of the new colours, Festive Berries.
I then cut these out and stuck them to the background using Mod Podge.
I ran a black Dabber around the edges of the mat and then drew lines with a pen and ink around the cut up quote and sides of the mat.
I punched holes and added brads to these to hang decorations from and to add the jump rings too.
I finished with a sprinkling of Stampendous Frantage Silver Glass Glitter. 

See you next Thursday,
 
Carol x

4 comments:

  1. If this is any indication of the banner, your fireplace is going to look wonderfrul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the coaster bunting - so clever, and this panel is fab!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh Carol what a fabulous idea, love those jingle bells on the bottom. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...