Thursday, 15 November 2012

White Rabbit Heart by Carol Fox


 
 
 
 
Hi and welcome to my DT piece this week. 

This is a recycled heart hanging that I picked up from a local nursery in their clearance box. Its a heavy MDF shaped heart. I painted it with Fresco Finish paints, Sky and Honey Dew, using the crackle glaze between the layers to give it the lovely finish that you see. 

I  stamped the large rabbit image from the IndigoBlu Alice II stamp set and the “Love word” from the sheet using Black Archival ink and then painted them using Claudine Hellmuth Paints. I kept the colours quite thin so the crackle finish still showed through and the images had an aged appearance to them.  I hand painted the red hearts and gave them a coat of Glossy Accents to make them “pop” a little bit.  I used a tiny splodge of the black acrylic on a piece of Cut-N-Dry Foam to edge the heart to give it a bit of definition. 
 
 
 
 

I hope you like my make this week and see you next Thursday,
 
 
Carol x

6 comments:

  1. I love it! Great altered piece.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this, Carol. I am a huge AIW fan and you haven't overdone the images so that the rabbit really pops. I love your choice of colours (our new cushions are these colours!). I'm also a huge fan of Fresco Finish - you have achieved very large cracks, was that using quite a thick layer? Love the glossy accents on the hearts,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally scrumptious! Just about to play with my new Fresco paints and crackle glaze and MDF hearts... dash it all, you beat me to it!!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol to Alison, Lucy I don't think I did that paint that thickly. It was pure luck. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...