Thursday, 29 November 2012

Tatty Button Bookmark by Carol Fox



 
 
I have lots of little nieces who are in the early years of school and are learning to read. I quite often make them little bookmarks for their school books. One of my little nieces started ice skating lessons recently, so I have used this Tatty Button rubber stamp to make her a new bookmark.
The stick is a tongue suppressor that I painted with Fresco Finish Paint and Crackle Glaze before stamping the snowflake image from the Oxford Impressions stamp set, Christmas Wish onto it.
I stamped the main image using Jet Black Archival Ink and then colouring it in with Distress Markers scribbled onto my craft mat and picked up with a water colour brush.
I stuck it to the stick with Glossy Accents, coating both the front and the exposed back parts of the card image with the Glossy Accents too, so it would be a bit a bit more resilient to being used.
These also make great little stocking fillers or quick makes for a school Christmas fayre.
My daughter is a teacher and she recently made these with her class and the children really enjoyed making them and the little girls loved the Tatty Button Images.
The Tatty Button images also look lovely stamped onto shrink plastic and the children love watching them shrink up through the oven door. Either punch holes in them prior to shrinking, to make them into a necklace or add a brooch back or magnet to the back, easy ways to keep the children amused in the run up to Christmas, get them to make their presents. Everyone can have a fridge magnet lol. 
See you next week,
Carol x

1 comment:

  1. i'm sure your niece will love this Carol. I've still got some of those tongue depressers from the old days lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...