Friday, 2 November 2012

Skull Time by Laura



 
 
 
 
Items Used:
 
Firstly, I started to mould my skulls a couple of days before I was going to use them, to give them enough time to harden properly. I used Creative Paperclay, which I pressed into a chocolate mould - when the skulls were dry, they popped out really easily.
I then painted the skulls with Blank Canvas and Charcoal Black Studio paint. When the paint was dry, I covered the skulls with a layer of VersaMark using the watermark pen and then I covered them with Sticky Stuff. I heated them with a heat gun and sprinkled them with Stickles Dry Glitter. Unfortunately, the glitter doesn’t show up well in the photo but they are very, very glittery! I also covered the clock hands with the dry glitter, which I just sprinkled on after applying some Cosmic Shimmer Glue.
I painted the cardboard clock base with rouge Pebeo Deco Matt Paint and then stamped the skull from the Tim Holtz Stamp Set - Anthology in VersaMark Watermark and embossed it with Opaque Vanilla White embossing powder.
I then stamped the birds from the same stamp set in Archival ink and finally, I stuck the skulls to the base using Cosmic Shimmer Acrylic Glue.
 
Laura

4 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Not tried paperclay before. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing project Laura, thanks so much for sharing both the recipe and the pics of the finished article.

    Lin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Laura, great idea, bet it looks amazingly sparkly in the flesh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fantastic Laura! love those skulls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...