Monday, 26 November 2012

Portrait of a Lady: A Card by Deborah




 

Lynne Perrella’s latest stamp collection for PaperArtsy is my most favourite so far. Although it is ostensibly a Christmas collection many of the images aren’t specifically Christmassy - this beautiful lady, from Collection 019, for instance. So this week’s project is doubling up as my Mum’s birthday card.
I stamped the image in Jet Black Archival ink onto white card and die cut around it. I cut a second larger shape in black card and embossed it using a Cuttlebug embossing folder. I used Swiss Dots to echo the spots on her veil but any smallish pattern will do.
After attaching the two pieces together with double sided tape, I inked around the edge of the black one with Encore Ultimate Metallic Silver.
Next I embossed a piece of silver card (Tim Holtz Adhesive Mirrored Sheets would also work) using the Spellbinders M-Bossibilities – Framed Labels 1. I cut carefully around the label and flourishes using sharp craft scissors, before grunging it up with a Pitch Black Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber and sticking to the back of my main image with double sided tape.
I then made a small hole at the bottom with a pokey tool and affixed a charm from my stash. Tim Holtz Idea-ology Metal Charms, Foliage or Locket Keys would all look great. There are also some lovely charms in the 40% off Clearance section.
I also used my Cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss some white card. Because the folder is smaller than the card, I had to run it through twice but the join is hidden once you stick your die cut piece on top. Finally I attached it to the front of a black card blank. I often just write inside the black card with a Ranger Inkssentials white pen.
 
Deborah

7 comments:

  1. this is lovely. hope your mum had a good birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, looks so striking in black and white. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a regal looking lady and I love how you've showcased here, especially the embossing x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh your mother will love this card, its so fab and quirky. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning card. The flourishes set the rest of the card off perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's gorgeous Deb Your mum will adore it! I love those new LP stamps! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a striking card. I love the lady image and it all works perfectly in your chosen monochrome palette. Love it.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...