Friday, 16 November 2012

Matryoshka Tree Ornaments by Paula Tidman


 


 

Still in Christmas decoration mode, I decided to use the new Lynne Perrella Stamp Collection 016 to make a couple of tree ornaments.
 
I stamped the Russian doll onto some thick card and cut around it. Placing the template onto a scrap of plywood, I then drew around it, leaving approximately 1cm border. Then I had a go using Hubby's jigsaw (under supervision and with a bit of help LOL!) to cut out the shapes out. I then used sand paper around the edges to give them a smooth finish. A few coats of cream matt emulsion and another light sanding, then I carefully stamped on them with black Archival ink. I stamped both sides but they would look fine with just a coat of red paint on the other side. Coloured them with my fave Inktense pencils and I drilled a hole in the top and threaded through some gold twine and gave both sides a spray of varnish to finish.
 
Look forward to hanging them both on my tree. 
 
 
Paula

11 comments:

  1. You beat me to it, Paula :-) Although the plywood makes them far more professional than anything I would attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous and I admire your courage with the jig-saw! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning, such a fab idea and the stamping has come out beautifully on the wood! Fantastic stamp and so suited to this type of project!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow these ornaments look wonderful Paula, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great. I would not have thought of using these stamps for this. Love them x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fabulous ornaments! Fantastic stamp and beautiful stamping. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning ornaments Paula ! I am so impressed that you've turned your hand to power tools now ! Your stamping is gorgeous as ever. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paula, these are fantastic ornaments! Love the shape and stamping and how brave you are to use a power tool! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic on the wood, well done with the jigsaw, well worth the effort. You have a new skill in your repertoire now. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Paula and very different

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our blog, we really appreciate it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...